Why you should consider Implant Overdentures
Are you missing teeth? Are you facing losing your teeth? Living in uncomfortable dentures? Hiding your smile? Avoiding eating out or talking due to ill-fitting dentures? You are not alone! Millions of Americans have lost all of their teeth or are facing losing their teeth.
Look years younger and feel healthier with a custom-fit set of teeth at Imagecare. Get a set of teeth so you can confidently eat, chew and talk again. Be the best you! No more hiding your smile.
Imagecare has been helping people get a comfortable, stable denture for nearly 20 years by providing implant-supported dentures. Our advanced technology and training saves you time and money too.
If you are looking for stable, great looking new teeth then give us a call at (972) 618-5000. Imagecare offers more options than ever before to get you smiling again!
The problems with traditional dentures
People all over the world are missing enough teeth to need a denture for proper chewing. Many of these people struggle to keep the dentures in place and secure, especially in the lower jaw. If you are dealing with this problem you have experienced the embarrassment of slipping dentures, difficulty chewing the foods you love and the gooey mess of denture adhesives.
The good news is that there is a predictable way to stabilize your dentures with dental implants.
Benefits of stabilizing dentures with implants
- Allows you to chew and eat properly which allows a better diet and a healthier you!
- Improves your ability to speak and increases confidence level
- Helps minimize gum irritations and increases comfort
- Eliminates the need for adhesives which saves you money
- In some cases, we can use your existing denture saving you money
- The implant procedure is minimally invasive and can be accomplished in one short visit
Stabilizing dentures with dental implants has proven to be very successful for many people. As more people learn about the effectiveness and improvements to their lives implants can give, the demand for implant supported dentures is on the rise. It is comforting to know that dental implants have one of the highest success rates of any implanted surgical device. You should also know that overdentures are different than the all on 4® techniquewhich consists of permanent fixed teeth attached to four implants while implant overdenture usually refers to a traditional denture that snap fits over 2 to 4 + dental implants
About Implant Overdentures
Overdentures are a combination of a traditional denture with dental implants. Dental Implants are small bio-compatible medical grade titanium posts that are placed in your jaw to serve as a replacement tooth root. The implant supports the connector that allows a tight snap fit of your denture.
Anatomy of Overdentures
With implants, dentures can feel, fit and function more like natural teeth. Implants have become the most popular solution for missing teeth.
Types of Overdentures
While there are many, the most common type of overdenture consists of a denture, 2 to 4+ implants per arch and a Locator attachment by Zest. The good news is Zest just released their most advanced locator attachment to date:
- Two implants is an improvement over no implants
- Four implants provide the best stability and comfort because we don’t have to rely on the tissue to support the denture
- If you have well-fitting dentures that are in good shape, they can sometimes be retrofitted to attach to your implants
- In many cases additional implants can be added in the future to improve your stability and spread out costs
- The dental implants help reduce bone loss in the jaws
Implant Overdenture with Two Implants
There are many different types of overdentures and connecting components. It is best to schedule an appointment with Imagecare to discuss your situation and how implant overdentures can help improve the quality of your life. You can reach us at (972) 618-5000.